KIMBALL, EVANS, ZORRO, AND MORE
With each volume in his monumental Walt’s People series, Didier Ghez reshapes and invigorates Disney history by presenting his latest crop of conversations with Disney artists and animators both familiar and unknown. Each conversation unlocks new stories, new memories, and sometimes new controversies about the Disney Studio, the Disney theme parks, and of course, Walt himself.
You don’t need to be a Disney scholar to enjoy these glimpses into Disney’s past. You’ll find Walt’s people charming, down to earth, and even bawdy at times. Above all else, they know how to tell stories, and they know stories that you’ve never heard before.
- BILL EVANS explains how he used his green thumb for decades to design and cultivate the beautiful, diverse displays of plants, trees, and flowers without which Disneyland and Walt Disney World would be just so much concrete.
- BOB COOK provides insight into the little-known world of Disney sound engineer, a role he filled from his first day with the Disney Studio in 1930 through his retirement over forty years later in 1971.
- BASIL REYNOLDS, in unforgettably whimsical fashion, relates how he got his start as an artist under a pair of Victorian-era, Dickensian characters in London and then went on to draw gags and strips for Disney’s English comics.
- MIKE PERAZA went to work for Disney during its period of transition from Walt to corporate honchos like Michael Eisner. He recalls what it was like to be an animator in a studio that was changing what it meant to be an animator.
And twenty more! Nothing beats Disney stories told by the people who lived them, in their own words. Get your Disney fix from the source!
- 1 - Robert Cook (Dave Smith)
- 2 - Grim Natwick (John Culhane)
- 3 - Clair Weeks (Milton Gray)
- 4 - Willis Pyle (Bob Casino)
- 5 - Charlene Sundblad about Helen and Hugh Hennesy (Didier Ghez)
- 6 - Preston Blair (Göran Broling)
- 7 - Working on “The Sorcerer’s Apprentice” - As remembered by Preston Blair in Cartoonist PROfiles No.49, 1981 (Jud Hurd)
- 8 - The Life and Times of Cy Young (Steven Hartley)
- 9 - Lynn Karp (Michael Barrier and Milton Gray)
- 10 - Of Skit and Skat and This and That - The Autobiography of Basil Reynolds (Basil Reynolds)
- 11 - The Life and Times of Riley Thomson (Alberto Becattini)
- 12 - Ward Kimball (John Culhane)
- 13 - Wilfred Jackson (John Culhane)
- 14 - Hamilton Luske - remembered by his children, Carol Jean Luske, Peggy Finefrock, and Jim Luske (Jim Korkis)
- 15 - Norman “Stormy” Palmer (Michael Broggie)
- 16 - Guy Williams Jr. (EMC West)
- 17 - Buddy Van Horn (EMC West)
- 18 - Suzanne Lloyd (EMC West)
- 19 - Roger Broggie - Draft of Biographical Notes (George Sherman)
- 20 - Karl Bacon and Ed Morgan (Jim Korkis)
- 21 - Bill Martin (Dave Smith)
- 22 - Bill Evans (Jay Horan)
- 23 - Card Walker (John Culhane)
- 24 - Mike Peraza (Didier Ghez)