BT: You go way back to Hyperion, right?
KO: Yes, in 1935.
KO: I had a time to work like the devil to get Snow White out, in ‘37.
BT: What did the Studio look like?
KO: In Hyperion? Well, it seemed it had some odd little cottages brought in from [garbled]. But to me it was mainly a hot box. [Laughs.] It was hot. We had no air conditioning then. And it was terrible over there in summer, trying to avoid smearing your own drawings, always throwing open the window pane, trying to prevent smearing drawings with your own perspiration. It was really terrible. I was tried out in a room which we called “the black hole,” and that had no windows and no air conditioning. Just a big black place except for the real light coming out of the [annex] where the guys were trying out, animating. There would be a real light on the papers that they flipped to make their inbetweens.
- Parent entry
- 1 - Bill Cottrell (Bob Thomas)
- 2 - Bill Justice and Bob Broughton (Bob Thomas)
- 3 - Ken OConnor
- 4 - Ken OConnor (EMC West)
- 5 - Armand Bigle with Betty Bigle (Bob Thomas)
- 6 - Betty Bigle and Gérald Bigle on Armand Bigle (Didier Ghez)
- 7 - Dominique Bigle on Armand Bigle (Didier Ghez)
- 8 - Pierre Nicolas (Didier Ghez, 1991)
- 9 - Pierre Nicolas (Didier Ghez, 2008)
- 10 - Antonio Bertini (Bob Thomas)
- 11 - To the Top in Ten Years with the Family Formula (Kinematograph Weekly)
- 12 - Disney in the Scandinavian Countries 1928-1945 (Are Myklebust)
- 13 - Andy Thewlis (Bob Thomas)
- 14 - Gunnar Mansson (Bob Thomas)
- 15 - Horst Koblischek (Bob Thomas)
- 16 - Dan Gonzales on Manuel Gonzales (François Willot, Armando Botto)
- 17 - Irving Ludwig (Bob Thomas)
- 18 - The Music of Treasure Island (John Huntley)
- 19 - Herb Hughes (Didier Ghez)
- 20 - Royal "Mickey" Clark (Jim Korkis & Didier Ghez)
- 21 - Royal "Mickey" Clark (Bob Thomas)
- 22 - Marvin Davis and Marjorie Davis (Bob Thomas)
- 23 - Marty Sklar (Bob Thomas)
- 24 - Dick Nunis (Bob Thomas)
- 25 - Jack Lindquist (Bob Thomas)
- 26 - Craig McNair Wilson (Jim Korkis)
- 27 - Kym Murphy (Didier Ghez)
- 28 - Chris Runco (Didier Ghez)