walt disney born here
walt disney born hereWalt Disney was born in Chicago on December 5, 1901 inside of a house that his father built and his mother designed. This small Chicago house was turned into an apartment complex and was all but forgotten. That is, until the founders of the Walt Disney Birthplace Project purchased the house with the intent to restore it to its original hand crafted glory.
Today on the show we are joined by Dusty Sage, CEO of MiceChat.com, who is also the executive director of the Walt Disney Birthplace Project. Dusty tells us all about the efforts to raise funds for the house, reviving an antique soda brand, and the end goal of the project to restore the birthplace of Walt Disney.
This week's Disneyland secret tip features a spot back at the Hungry Bear Restaurant in Critter Country where you can view “Fantasmic!” and see some of the backstage happenings on the barges and island across from the restaurant.
- History of the house where Walt Disney was born
- Purchasing the house where Walt Disney was born
- Relaunching the O-Zell Soda Brand to help fund the project
- How they are funding the Walt Disney Birthplace Project
- Teaching kids to live out their dreams
- Magical world of theme parks comes to life in the museum