On the latest episode of The Tomorrow Society Podcast, [he goes] in-depth with Executive Producer John Walker about Tomorrowland. During the podcast, [they] discuss that movie’s origins, production, and message. [Their] conversation includes the following:
- Why were Walker and Director Brad Bird interested in Tomorrowland?
- What was it like to recreate the 1964 New York World’s Fair and shoot at Disneyland?
- Why were references to Walt Disney limited in the final film?
- How powerful was shooting at Kennedy Space Center?
- Why didn’t audiences and critics have a better response?
- If Tomorrowland had been a hit, was there a chance to continue the story?
In addition, Walker [discusses] his work as a producer with Bird on The Iron Giant, The Incredibles, and The Incredibles 2. […]