MICHAEL BROGGIE: Roy, what I would like to do is go back to the earliest recollections that you have of having visited the studio and under what circumstances.
ROY E. DISNEY: It’s so ingrained with just earliest memories at all that it is sort of hard to separate it out. My dad’s office was right inside the door by Dick Kannon’s gas station there. You went in and there was an outer office and then right behind that was Dad’s secretary and his office. It faced out on Hyperion, had a window like that on Hyperion. My mother would often drop me off there when I was a little kid, so she could go shopping or something. I don’t know that Dick Kannon was there then, but he took over that gas station operation at some point and then moved out to Burbank when we moved out there. He was there forever it seemed.
MB: So you were dropped off frequently [at the Hyperion studio] after school?
RD: Yes, my mother would drop me off, so that she could go shopping or something. She was an inveterate shopper all her life. I do not mean necessarily grocery shopping, I mean the other kind. [Laughs] So I’d get into Dad’s office, unless he got busy with some meeting and didn’t need me there. [...]
- Parent entry
- 1 - Dick Grills - [Multiplane camera operator] (Dave Smith)
- 2 - Jack Kinney (Michael Barrier,Milton Gray)
- 3 - Jack and Jane Kinney (Michael Barrier,Milton Gray)
- 4 - Jack Kinney (Michael Barrier)
- 5 - Don W. Graham: A Short Autobiography (Don W. Graham)
- 6 - Librarian to Walt Disney (Jane Martin)
- 7 - Disney Character (Jane Martin)
- 8 - Bringing Bambi to the Screen (Jane Martin)
- 9 - The Janet Martin Letters (Janet Martin)
- 10 - Remembering the Milottes (Alan Coats)
- 11 - Lloyd Beebe (MICA Productions)
- 12 - Roy E. Disney
- 13 - Susan (Musfelt) Hoose (Jim Korkis)
- 14 - Terry Jo Steinberger (Jim Korkis)
- 15 - Carol Farris (Jim Korkis)
- 16 - Art Stevens (Bob Thomas)
- 17 - Frank Thomas (Bob Thomas)
- 18 - Alan Coats (Didier Ghez,Jim Korkis)