Michael Broggie: Stormy, your given name is Norman. Tell us how you got the nickname “Stormy.”
My father hung it on me when I was two or three. I don’t know exactly when, but I never got rid of it. Teachers would call me that. Not all of them. They’d call me other things, too. [Laughs]. But it just stuck and that was always my nickname. I’m not exactly like it says, but it’s one of those things you never get rid of.
MB: Where did you grow up?
I was born in Santa Ana, I grew up in Hollywood. Father was in the industry. He was an electrical engineer at the old Fox studio and then MGM. He was putting in the big electrical cords and stuff for the power when they went from generators to transformers. He would put all that stuff in.
MB: How did you come to work for Disney, and what year was it?
It was 1937, I believe. I left there at sixty-five, and that was in 1983. I think it was October 1937. The studio wasn’t in Burbank. It was over on Hyperion. […]
- Parent entry
- 1 - Robert Cook (Dave Smith)
- 2 - Grim Natwick (John Culhane)
- 3 - Clair Weeks (Milton Gray)
- 4 - Willis Pyle (Bob Casino)
- 5 - Charlene Sundblad about Helen and Hugh Hennesy (Didier Ghez)
- 6 - Preston Blair (Göran Broling)
- 7 - Working on “The Sorcerer’s Apprentice” - As remembered by Preston Blair in Cartoonist PROfiles No.49, 1981 (Jud Hurd)
- 8 - The Life and Times of Cy Young (Steven Hartley)
- 9 - Lynn Karp (Michael Barrier and Milton Gray)
- 10 - Of Skit and Skat and This and That - The Autobiography of Basil Reynolds (Basil Reynolds)
- 11 - The Life and Times of Riley Thomson (Alberto Becattini)
- 12 - Ward Kimball (John Culhane)
- 13 - Wilfred Jackson (John Culhane)
- 14 - Hamilton Luske - remembered by his children, Carol Jean Luske, Peggy Finefrock, and Jim Luske (Jim Korkis)
- 15 - Norman “Stormy” Palmer
- 16 - Guy Williams Jr. (EMC West)
- 17 - Buddy Van Horn (EMC West)
- 18 - Suzanne Lloyd (EMC West)
- 19 - Roger Broggie - Draft of Biographical Notes (George Sherman)
- 20 - Karl Bacon and Ed Morgan (Jim Korkis)
- 21 - Bill Martin (Dave Smith)
- 22 - Bill Evans (Jay Horan)
- 23 - Card Walker (John Culhane)
- 24 - Mike Peraza (Didier Ghez)