[One of Les Clark's] brothers, Royal “Mickey” Clark, had a long career working in finance for the Disney Company.
Mickey joined the Disney Studio in November 1940. He worked in the Shipping Department and the mail room. After World War II, he returned to the Studio and worked briefly in the Camera Department before going into the Accounting Department for the Studio. He also served as treasurer of WED and in a similar capacity with Retlaw. He retired in 1984.
Mickey Clark was gracious enough to answer several questions submitted via e-mail in August 2008 from Jim Korkis and Didier Ghez.
Jim Korkis & Didier Ghez: When and where were you born?
Mickey Clark: I was born in Twin Falls, Idaho on October 29, 1918.
JK & DG: You are credited as both Royal Clark and Mickey Clark. Do you have a preference?
MC: My given name is Royal Clark. My nickname is Mickey. I use Mickey all the time. I use Royal when I sign checks and legal documents. My sister, who was a year and half older, started calling me “Mickey.” There was a song that was popular at that time with the word “mickey” in it
- Parent entry
- 1 - Bill Cottrell (Bob Thomas)
- 2 - Bill Justice and Bob Broughton (Bob Thomas)
- 3 - Ken OConnor (Bob Thomas)
- 4 - Ken OConnor (EMC West)
- 5 - Armand Bigle with Betty Bigle (Bob Thomas)
- 6 - Betty Bigle and Gérald Bigle on Armand Bigle (Didier Ghez)
- 7 - Dominique Bigle on Armand Bigle (Didier Ghez)
- 8 - Pierre Nicolas (Didier Ghez, 1991)
- 9 - Pierre Nicolas (Didier Ghez, 2008)
- 10 - Antonio Bertini (Bob Thomas)
- 11 - To the Top in Ten Years with the Family Formula (Kinematograph Weekly)
- 12 - Disney in the Scandinavian Countries 1928-1945 (Are Myklebust)
- 13 - Andy Thewlis (Bob Thomas)
- 14 - Gunnar Mansson (Bob Thomas)
- 15 - Horst Koblischek (Bob Thomas)
- 16 - Dan Gonzales on Manuel Gonzales (François Willot, Armando Botto)
- 17 - Irving Ludwig (Bob Thomas)
- 18 - The Music of Treasure Island (John Huntley)
- 19 - Herb Hughes (Didier Ghez)
- 20 - Royal "Mickey" Clark
- 21 - Royal "Mickey" Clark (Bob Thomas)
- 22 - Marvin Davis and Marjorie Davis (Bob Thomas)
- 23 - Marty Sklar (Bob Thomas)
- 24 - Dick Nunis (Bob Thomas)
- 25 - Jack Lindquist (Bob Thomas)
- 26 - Craig McNair Wilson (Jim Korkis)
- 27 - Kym Murphy (Didier Ghez)
- 28 - Chris Runco (Didier Ghez)