Guffawed Givoörd, Scrooge,
I’m sorry that I used the terribly English spelling of [artist] Anthony E. Spear, only Speer is so German!
And, while I’m about it I’d better confess that I did slip up over Reg Perrott. Yes, it is double r and double t.
I reely karnt understanned it—spellin woz alweighs my meatier, too kwote the French—mussed be the chainge of life!
Actually, I’m not too fussed about Speer. I haven’t really forgiven him for a piece of cowardly inaction on his part way back in 1934. I’d gone on a punting holiday on the Thames in that year, and, like one does, I wrote a cheery letter to the lads still slaving away in the Adams and Fidler studio. Referring to old Morley Adams, I stated that if I had him there (on the river), I’d hold him under until his hat floated, plus one or two other remarks in a like ilk. Well, cherubic-faced Tony has this letter on his desk when old Morley shuffled up and piped, “Ah, a letter from Reynolds—can I read it?” And instead of swallowing it or shouting no you can’t, dear Tony said, “Yes, sir!”
- Parent entry
- 1 - Letters to Dennis Gifford from Wilfred Haughton (Wilfred Haughton)
- 2 - Basil Reynolds - Letter to Dennis Gifford, January 21, 1975
- 3 - The Disney Diaries of William Norris Dakin (William Norris Dakin)
- 4 - John Rose (Milton Gray)
- 5 - Maurice Noble (Michael Barrier, Milton Gray)
- 6 - Letter from John Lounsbery to Julius Svendsen (John Lounsbery)
- 7 - Tim Considine (Dave Smith)
- 8 - David Stollery (Dave Smith)
- 9 - John Mansbridge (Didier Ghez)
- 10 - Roger Broggie (Jay Horan)
- 11 - John Hench (Jay Horan)
- 12 - Candace Lavin (Didier Ghez)
- 13 - Eddie Sotto (Jim Korkis)
- 14 - Eddie Sotto (Jim Korkis)
- 15 - Jim Tadevic (Didier Ghez)