Sam Gennawey sat down with me at the Walt Disney Family Museum to discuss his new book Universal Versus Disney: The Unofficial Guide to American Theme Parks' Greatest Rivalry. Currently, the Walt Disney museum is showing an exhibit featuring Walt's Trains. Sam shares the deciding factor in the closing of Walt Disney's home railroad, the Carolwood Pacific.
This episode is filled with amazing stories; ranging from the Universal versus Disney rivalry to the thematic elements of the Disney Animal Kingdom. We also put the question to you, what would you do if you were king of Disneyland?
What you'll hear this week:
- Why Walt Disney finally closed the Carolwood Pacific Railroad
- The crazy story behind the tree in the hippo section of the Jungle Cruise
- How Michael Eisner started the feud between Universal and Disney
- What each thematic element of the Animal Kingdom represents
- The reason Wizarding World of Harry Potter and the Simpsons turned out so well
- What happens when Disney lays off one of their top theme park executives