Didier Ghez: When and where you were born and what you did before you joined Disney?
Jeff Burke: I was born in Fullerton, which is a small town in Orange County. I was born in 1948 and my folks lived with my mother’s parents. My grandparents had a ranch in Anaheim and so when I was just an infant I was about a half a mile away from the future site of Disneyland. They raised citrus and walnuts on acreage that they had in Anaheim, California. My mom and dad moved to Pasadena when I was about three, and so my earliest recollections of the ranch where I was still a baby, I can only remember when I had moved away and we would go for visits to their place. It was, I don’t know how many acres, but they had a really good-sized place where they had both orange groves and walnut trees. My earliest recollections were of growing up in Pasadena, and that’s where I first started school at the age of five, starting kindergarten in Pasadena and then moving to Arcadia, which is not that far from Pasadena, a suburb of Los Angeles. That’s where I grew up for the rest of my school years, all the way through graduating from high school.
- Parent entry
- 1 - Peter Adby (Peter Adby)
- 2 - Sterling Holloway: A Way with Words (Joe Collura)
- 3 - Sterling Holloway (Edward Summer)
- 4 - Tyrus Wong (EMC West)
- 5 - Woolie Reitherman and Ken Anderson (Celia from Family Circle)
- 6 - Woolie Reitherman (Edward Summer)
- 7 - Woolie Reitherman (Christopher Finch, Linda Rosenkrantz)
- 8 - Les Novros, Bill Hurtz, and Paul Julian (Michael Barrier)
- 9 - Rudy Cataldi (Rudy Cataldi)
- 10 - Bob Harpur (Michael Broggie)
- 11 - Jack Hannah
- 12 - Joe Potter (Jay Horan)
- 13 - Jeff Burke