Disney History from the Source
The Walt's People series is an oral history of all things Disney, as told by the artists, animators, designers, engineers, and executives who made it happen, from the 1920s through the present. In this volume: Woolie Reitherman, Jack Hannah, Joe Potter, Sterling Holloway, and many more.
Walt's People: Volume 23 features appearances by Peter Adby, Sterling Holloway, Tyrus Wong, Woolie Reitherman, Les Novros, Bill Hurtz, Paul Julian, Rudy Cataldi, Bob Harpur, Jack Hannah, Joe Potter, and Jeff Burke.
Among the hundreds of stories in this volume:
- WOOLIE REITHERMAN explains the process of animation at the Disney studio, as well as the genesis of such films as Robin Hood and The Rescuers.
- STERLING HOLLOWAY talks about his early years in show business as an actor, and how he met Walt Disney who cast him memorably as a voice actor in The Jungle Book.
- JOE POTTER reflects upon his long career in the military and his instrumental role in planning and building Walt Disney World, both before and after Walt's death.
- JEFF BURKE provides a book-length commentary about his many years as a Disney Imagineer working on theme park attractions at Walt Disney World and Epcot, and Disneyland Paris.
The entertaining, informative stories in every volume of Walt's People will please both Disney scholars and eager fans alike.
- 1 - Peter Adby (Peter Adby)
- 2 - Sterling Holloway: A Way with Words (Joe Collura)
- 3 - Sterling Holloway (Edward Summer)
- 4 - Tyrus Wong (EMC West)
- 5 - Woolie Reitherman and Ken Anderson (Celia from Family Circle)
- 6 - Woolie Reitherman (Edward Summer)
- 7 - Woolie Reitherman (Christopher Finch, Linda Rosenkrantz)
- 8 - Les Novros, Bill Hurtz, and Paul Julian (Michael Barrier)
- 9 - Rudy Cataldi (Rudy Cataldi)
- 10 - Bob Harpur (Michael Broggie)
- 11 - Jack Hannah
- 12 - Joe Potter (Jay Horan)
- 13 - Jeff Burke (Didier Ghez)