Walt Disney Imagineering’s chief sculptor, Valerie Edwards, also happens to be the daughter of assistant animator George Edwards. In this short interview, [Didier Ghez] had the pleasure of discussing with her both her career and her father’s.
Didier Ghez: Let’s start with your father. When and where was he born?
Valerie Edwards: My father, George Edwards, was born in Kansas City, Missouri, in 1928.
DG: What did he do before joining Disney?
VE: Before joining Disney, my father graduated from Kansas City Art Institute. He worked for the Pentagon during the Korean War and later returned to Los Angeles where he became a graduate of Chouinard Art Institute.
- Parent entry
- 1 - Ferdinand Horvath - Letter to his cousin James Frank Henry Hegessy (Ferdinand Horvath)
- 2 - Izzy Klein (Izzy Klein)
- 3 - The Letters and Autobiography of Eduardo Solá Franco (Eduardo Solá Franco)
- 4 - The Letters of Campbell Grant (Campbell Grant)
- 5 - T. Hee (Frank Thomas, Ollie Johnston)
- 6 - Ken Anderson (Robin Allan)
- 7 - Bill Cottrell, Ken Anderson, and Herb Ryman (Jay Horan)
- 8 - Andrew B. Beard (Jim Korkis)
- 9 - Treb Heining (Jim Korkis)
- 10 - Harriet Burns (Michael Broggie)
- 11 - Valerie Edwards
- 12 - Gary Goldman (Didier Ghez)
- 13 - Tad Stones (Didier Ghez)