Andrew B. Beard was born on July 8, 1942, in Long Beach, California. His family moved to Anaheim, California, where he attended Anaheim High School. Andy had just turned thirteen years old when Disneyland opened in July 1955. He started selling copies of the Disneyland News at the front of the park. The work proved too challenging and financially unrewarding for the young boy, so he quit.
In his first year in high school, he got a job selling balloons at Disneyland. He worked for Nat Lewis who operated the concession. In 1959, Beard quit to join the Navy and only returned once to visit Disneyland in the early 1970s.
- Parent entry
- 1 - Ferdinand Horvath - Letter to his cousin James Frank Henry Hegessy (Ferdinand Horvath)
- 2 - Izzy Klein (Izzy Klein)
- 3 - The Letters and Autobiography of Eduardo Solá Franco (Eduardo Solá Franco)
- 4 - The Letters of Campbell Grant (Campbell Grant)
- 5 - T. Hee (Frank Thomas, Ollie Johnston)
- 6 - Ken Anderson (Robin Allan)
- 7 - Bill Cottrell, Ken Anderson, and Herb Ryman (Jay Horan)
- 8 - Andrew B. Beard
- 9 - Treb Heining (Jim Korkis)
- 10 - Harriet Burns (Michael Broggie)
- 11 - Valerie Edwards (Didier Ghez)
- 12 - Gary Goldman (Didier Ghez)
- 13 - Tad Stones (Didier Ghez)