Christopher Finch & Linda Rosenkrantz: You came here originally as a gag writer for the Mickey Mouse comic strip?
Bill Walsh: That’s correct.
CF&LR: How did you get from there into producing and writing live action?
BW: God knows. It all seems sort of strange. See, we were going to make movies in England at that time.
CF&LR: This was about 1949?
BW: Yeah, about then because we had no money to make movies in Hollywood, but we did have some frozen pounds in England. So Walt began to brood about the frozen pounds, which was money over there but it wasn’t over here, and he decided to do films in England. The first one was Treasure Island and the second one was Robin Hood. At the time of Robin Hood, I bumped into him on the street, and he said, “Will you come along with me?” I said, “What do I do because I’m still doing the Mickey Mouse comic strip?” He said, “Well, we’ll think of something when we get there.” So we go there and sure enough, there was nothing for me to do. I had to think up something. […]
- Parent entry
- 1 - Hugh Harman (Michael Barrier)
- 2 - Nadine Missakian (Dave Smith)
- 3 - Ward Kimball (Rick Shale)
- 4 - Erwin Verity (Dave Smith, Rick Shale)
- 5 - James Algar (Richard Hubler)
- 6 - Winston Hibler (Richard Hubler)
- 7 - Bill Anderson (Richard Hubler)
- 8 - Bill Walsh (Richard Hubler)
- 9 - Bill Walsh
- 10 - George Bruns (Richard Hubler)
- 11 - Buddy Baker (John Burlingame)
- 12 - Buddy Baker (Jérémie Noyer)
- 13 - Fess Parker (Michael Barrier)
- 14 - Walt Stanchfield (Christian Renaut)
- 15 - Marc Davis (Richard Hubler)
- 16 - Alice Davis (Dave Oneil)
- 17 - T. Hee (Richard Hubler)
- 18 - Maurice Noble (Harry McCracken)
- 19 - Al Dempster (Christopher Finch, Linda Rosenkrantz)
- 20 - Walt Peregoy (Bob Miller)
- 21 - Taking My Best Shot - Working on Disney's "The Saga of Windwagon Smith" (Floyd Norman)
- 22 - The Making of The Jungle Book - as remembered by Floyd Norman (Floyd Norman)
- 23 - Bill Evans (Jim Korkis)
- 24 - Jack Bradbury (Alberto Becattini)
- 25 - Lynn Karp (Alberto Becattini)
- 26 - Dave Michener (Didier Ghez)
- 27 - In Memory of Vance Gerry (John Musker)
- 28 - Vance Gerry (Charles Solomon)
- 29 - Vance Gerry (Christian Renaut)
- 30 - Ron Clements and John Musker (Clay Kaytis)