Carol Farris was born on March 13, 1944, in Kansas City, Missouri. Six months later, she and her family (including a brother who was three years older) moved to a tract home in Lakewood, California. When the parents separated, Carol and her brother stayed with her mother who found work as a seamstress and eventually managed a clothing manufacturer business.
"In the late 1950s, Mom had a job offer from Disney Productions. Worried it may not be as secure a position as her current job, she declined the offer. My brother and I were so disappointed. Our mother working for Disney! How special was that? So yes, anything connected with Walt Disney had a special ring to it. A trip to Disneyland was top priority for any child growing up in the 1950s and 1960s."
Carol and her brother attended St. Bernard’s grade school in Bellflower and St. Anthony’s High School in Long Beach. For her senior year, Carol transferred to the local public school and graduated from Mayfair High School in 1962. Soon after graduating, she got the job as the final Space Girl in Tomorrowland.
- Parent entry
- 1 - Dick Grills - [Multiplane camera operator] (Dave Smith)
- 2 - Jack Kinney (Michael Barrier,Milton Gray)
- 3 - Jack and Jane Kinney (Michael Barrier,Milton Gray)
- 4 - Jack Kinney (Michael Barrier)
- 5 - Don W. Graham: A Short Autobiography (Don W. Graham)
- 6 - Librarian to Walt Disney (Jane Martin)
- 7 - Disney Character (Jane Martin)
- 8 - Bringing Bambi to the Screen (Jane Martin)
- 9 - The Janet Martin Letters (Janet Martin)
- 10 - Remembering the Milottes (Alan Coats)
- 11 - Lloyd Beebe (MICA Productions)
- 12 - Roy E. Disney (Michael Broggie)
- 13 - Susan (Musfelt) Hoose (Jim Korkis)
- 14 - Terry Jo Steinberger (Jim Korkis)
- 15 - Carol Farris
- 16 - Art Stevens (Bob Thomas)
- 17 - Frank Thomas (Bob Thomas)
- 18 - Alan Coats (Didier Ghez,Jim Korkis)