INTERVIEWER: For these videotapes we’re going to separate introductions for each of the seven cartoons, like for one of the titles called An Officer and a Duck it’s going to be all about the wartime stuff. We’re also asking you to do this reminiscence about the Donald “Bee” pictures.
JACK HANNAH: Well, Carl Barks and I did most of the Pete being “The Sergeant” films. We did those while the war was brewing or getting close to it. And Fall in Fall Out, all of that.
I: Donald’s “Bee” pictures are: Inferior Decorator, Honey Harvester, Slide Donald Slide, Bee at the Beach, Bee on Guard, and Let’s Stick Together. They’re from 1948–52. I guess I was wondering, first of all, who thought of the bee idea? How did that gag come up? Where did it come from, and then how did you decide to make a series out of it?
JH: I can say with pretty good remembrance that we intended a series like Chip ‘n Dale or Humphrey the Bear that became a working group with the Duck and with the little Ranger and everything. But with the bee, I think the bees kind of came on gradually; we used the little beetle.
- Parent entry
- 1 - Lorina Coomber Butler (Dave Smith)
- 2 - Leigh Harline (R. Vernon Steele)
- 3 - Jim MacDonald (John Culhane)
- 4 - Woolie Reitherman ([unknown])
- 5 - T. Hee (John Culhane)
- 6 - My Job at Walt Disney’s - written for sorority magazine "The Lyre" (Mary Lou Eastman Whitman)
- 7 - Jack Hannah
- 8 - Frank Thomas and Ollie Johnston (Michael Barrier)
- 9 - Frank Thomas and Ollie Johnston (Michael Barrier)
- 10 - Ken Anderson (John Culhane)
- 11 - Ken Anderson (John Culhane)
- 12 - Dan Noonan (Bill Spicer, Vince Davis)
- 13 - The Autobiography of Bill Wright (Bill Wright)
- 14 - Jack Bruner (Dave Smith)
- 15 - Art Stevens - Talent Development Discussion Group - Lecture about Man in Space
- 16 - Bill Anderson (Bob Thomas)
- 17 - Bill Anderson (Michael Broggie)
- 18 - Bob McCrea (Dave Smith)
- 19 - Bob McCrea (Bob Thomas)
- 20 - The “Lost” Joe Potter Interview - with introductory material by Jim Korkis (Sam Rosen)
- 21 - Harper Goff (Jay Horan)
- 22 - Phil Mendez (Didier Ghez)