JIM MACDONALD: On King of the Grizzlies, one of the paradoxical remarks of Winston Hibler was, “When the bear gets shot and dies, I want to bring that alive.”
[Changing the subject.]
JOHN CULHANE: I thought that Burt Gillett came back to do Clock Cleaners?
JM: No, that was Ben Sharpsteen.
I was doing a picture for Burt Gillett, and I was pounding on a door for him, and he said, “It isn’t loud enough, I want something louder. How hard can you pound?” I pounded on the door. He said, “I want it louder.” I got a hammer, rawhide mallet, and he says, “No, that sounds like a mallet, I want a…” You know, I pounded on that door until I broke my wrist.
JC: You actually broke your wrist?
JM: I actually broke my wrist, and I went into the john, it was all swollen up like this, and Leigh Harline was in there and he said, “What happened to your wrist?” And, I said, “Oh, hell, I’ve been pounding on a door for that director.” It swelled up like this, and I went to the doctor and I’d broken one bone in there from pounding on that damn door.
- Parent entry
- 1 - Lorina Coomber Butler (Dave Smith)
- 2 - Leigh Harline (R. Vernon Steele)
- 3 - Jim MacDonald
- 4 - Woolie Reitherman ([unknown])
- 5 - T. Hee (John Culhane)
- 6 - My Job at Walt Disney’s - written for sorority magazine "The Lyre" (Mary Lou Eastman Whitman)
- 7 - Jack Hannah ([unknown])
- 8 - Frank Thomas and Ollie Johnston (Michael Barrier)
- 9 - Frank Thomas and Ollie Johnston (Michael Barrier)
- 10 - Ken Anderson (John Culhane)
- 11 - Ken Anderson (John Culhane)
- 12 - Dan Noonan (Bill Spicer, Vince Davis)
- 13 - The Autobiography of Bill Wright (Bill Wright)
- 14 - Jack Bruner (Dave Smith)
- 15 - Art Stevens - Talent Development Discussion Group - Lecture about Man in Space
- 16 - Bill Anderson (Bob Thomas)
- 17 - Bill Anderson (Michael Broggie)
- 18 - Bob McCrea (Dave Smith)
- 19 - Bob McCrea (Bob Thomas)
- 20 - The “Lost” Joe Potter Interview - with introductory material by Jim Korkis (Sam Rosen)
- 21 - Harper Goff (Jay Horan)
- 22 - Phil Mendez (Didier Ghez)