BILL JUSTICE, EDDIE SOTTO, LILLIAN DISNEY, AND MORE
Accessible but authoritative, the Walt’s People series is the world’s best-known, most widely used multi-volume resource about Disney history.
In volume 14, Didier Ghez and a dream team of Disney historians, including John Canemaker, Leonard Maltin, Jim Korkis, Dave Smith, Michael Broggie, and many others deliver another priceless payload of stories from Disney artists, animators, executives, and Imagineers who worked with Walt Disney, or had key roles in the development of Disney films and theme parks.
For Both Fans and Scholars
The interviews and articles in Walt's People represent a treasure trove of research for Disney scholars—but more important, they're entertaining, down-to-earth stories that will please any fan eager to learn more about Disney. You don't need a Ph.D. in Disney Studies to enjoy the recollections and anecdotes from such Disney luminaries as Admiral Joe Fowler, Bill Justice, Joe Grant, Eddie Sotto, and over half a dozen others.
From the Mouth of the Mouse
Among the Walt's People you'll meet in this volume:
- Marge Champion remembers what it was like to dance and model as the live-action reference for Snow White.
- Alice Davis reveals the trials and tribulations of designing clothes for the pirates – and the Redhead – in Pirates of the Caribbean.
- Bob Mattey explains how he built the animals for the Jungle Cruise, and the many things that went wrong.
- Admiral Joe Fowler talks about facing down gunboats in 1920s China and buying up land for Walt in Florida.
- Eddie Sotto describes fascinating attractions never built, including piranha pits, a new Jungle Cruise based on Apocalypse Now, and an encounter with Maleficent in the Dragon’s Lair.
Start prepping for that Disney Ph.D. today with Walt's People: Volume 14!
- 1 - Carman Maxwell (Bob Thomas)
- 2 - Dick Lundy (Mark Mayerson and Leonard Maltin)
- 3 - Phil Klein (Leonard Maltin)
- 4 - Zach Schwartz (Leonard Maltin)
- 5 - Ray Patterson (John Culhane)
- 6 - Marge Champion (Didier Ghez)
- 7 - Joe Grant (John Canemaker)
- 8 - Bob Jones (Dave Smith)
- 9 - Bob Baker (Jim Korkis and Didier Ghez)
- 10 - A Life Rendering - The Unrealized Art of Richmond “Dick” Kelsey (Vincent Randle)
- 11 - Eric Knight at the Walt Disney Studio (David Culbert)
- 12 - The Holling C. Holling Letters
- 13 - Bill Justice (John Culhane)
- 14 - Irvin Graham (John Culhane)
- 15 - Lillian Disney (Michael Broggie)
- 16 - Carson Van Osten (Alberto Becattini)
- 17 - Bruce Bushman (George Sherman)
- 18 - Bob Mattey (George Sherman)
- 19 - Chris Mueller Jr. (Dave Smith)
- 20 - Arthur J. Vitarelli (John G. West)
- 21 - Alice Davis (Charles Solomon)
- 22 - Lucile Bosché (Didier Ghez)
- 23 - Joe Fowler (Harry Wessel)
- 24 - Eddie Sotto (Didier Ghez)