Walt's People: Volume 18 - Talking Disney with the Artists Who Knew Him
by Didier Ghez 2016 published by Theme Park Press
Where to buy
Disney History from the Source
The Walt's People series is an oral history of all things Disney, as told by the artists, animators, designers, engineers, and executives who made it happen, from the 1920s through the present.
Walt's People: Volume 18 features appearances by Mique Nelson, Katherine Kerwin, Gerry Geronimi, Ward Kimball, Dick Huemer, Ken O'Connor, Janet Martin, Herb Ryman, Don Douglass, Ken Peterson, Kay Wright, Del Connell, Elma Milotte, Bob Gurr, Barbara Palmer, and Hani El-Masri.
Among the hundreds of stories in this volume:
- HANI EL-MASRI recounts his fascinating journey from the streets of Cairo, Egypt, to Disney Imagineering.
- GERRY GERONIMI, perhaps the least-liked person ever to work at the Disney Studio, tells his side of the story about his feud with Ward Kimball, his firing by Walt Disney, and other incidents.
- BOB GURR tells the tale of horror that was Autopia on Disneyland's opening day in 1955.
- ELMA MILOTTE shares her and her husband Al's thrilling exploits across the world as the photographers for Disney's True-Life Adventure series.
The entertaining, informative stories in every volume of Walt's People will please both Disney scholars and eager fans alike.
Fulltext searchFulltext search in book
- Walt's People - Talking Disney with the Artists Who Knew Him (Didier Ghez)
- The Mique Nelson letters (1932-10-20,1934-03, Mique Nelson)
- Katherine Kerwin interview (1977, Dave Smith)
- Gerry Geronimi interview (1976, Michael Barrier, Milton Gray)
- Gerry Geronimi interview (1975,1976, Ross Care)
- Ward Kimball interview (1975,1976, Ross Care)
- Ward Kimball interview (1978, John Culhane)
- Dick Huemer interview (1976, John Culhane)
- Ken O'Connor interview (1993-03-20,1993-03-21,1994-03-31, Ron Merk)
- Chaperone for Donald Duck (1942-05, Janet Martin)
- Herb Ryman interview (1988-04, Kathy Greene, Richard Greene)
- Five Years with Walt (Don Douglass)
- Ken Peterson interview (1956, Bob Thomas)
- Ken Peterson interview (1996, Bob Thomas)
- Kay Wright interview (1992-06, Alberto Becattini)
- Dell Conell interview (1983-11,1983-12, Bill Spicer)
- Elma Milotte interview (1985, MICA Productions)
- Bob Gurr interview (1999, Doobie Moseley)
- Bob Gurr interview (2010-06, Jim Korkis)
- Bob Gurr interview (2010, Didier Ghez)
- Barbara Palmer interview (2005, Michael Broggie)
- Hani El-Masri interview (2015, Julie Svendsen)
no reviews found