Disney History from the Source
The Walt's People series is an oral history of all things Disney, as told by the artists, animators, designers, engineers, and executives who made it happen, from the 1920s through the present.
Walt’s People: Volume 17 features appearances by Lorina Coomber Butler, Leigh Harline, Jim MacDonald, Woolie Reitherman, T. Hee, Jack Hannah, Frank Thomas and Ollie Johnston, Ken Anderson, Dan Doonan, Jack Bruner, Art Stevens, Bill Anderson, Bob McCrea, General Joe Potter, Harper Goff, and Phil Mendez, plus a short autobiography by Bill Wright and an article by Mary Lou Whitman about her job as a color supervisor at the Disney Studio in the late 1930s.
Among the hundreds of stories in this volume:
- FRANK THOMAS AND OLLIE JOHNSTON chat about their long careers at the Disney Studio as two of Walt Disney’s “Nine Old Men”, their lifelong friendship, and the politics and philosophies of animation.
- BILL ANDERSON shoots from the hip with his candid comments about Walt and Roy Disney, Disney artists and animators, and how close the studio came to disbanding Feature Animation after Walt's death.
- GENERAL JOE POTTER shares war stories about the many challenges he overcame during the construction of Walt Disney World.
- HARPER GOFF reflects upon his relationship with Walt, his years as an Imagineer with WED, and his work on such films as 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, in a unique book-length narrative.
The entertaining, informative stories in every volume of Walt's People will please both Disney scholars and eager fans alike.
- Lorina Coomber Butler (1992, Dave Smith)
- Leigh Harline (1937, R. Vernon Steele)
- Jim MacDonald (1971, first half, John Culhane)
- Woolie Reitherman (1984, [unknown])
- T. Hee (1971, John Culhane)
- My Job at Walt Disney’s (1941, Mary Lou Eastman Whitman)
- Jack Hannah (1984, [unknown])
- Frank Thomas and Ollie Johnston (1976, Michael Barrier)
- Frank Thomas and Ollie Johnston (1987, Michael Barrier)
- Ken Anderson (1976, John Culhane)
- Ken Anderson (1982-05, John Culhane)
- Dan Noonan (1968, Bill Spicer, Vince Davis)
- The Autobiography of Bill Wright (1962,1963, Bill Wright)
- Jack Bruner (1972, Dave Smith)
- Art Stevens (1974, n/a)
- Bill Anderson (1995, Bob Thomas)
- Bill Anderson (1968, Michael Broggie)
- Bob McCrea (1976, Dave Smith)
- Bob McCrea (1976, Bob Thomas)
- The “Lost” Joe Potter Interview (1976, Sam Rosen)
- Harper Goff (1982, Jay Horan)
- Phil Mendez (2010, Didier Ghez)
no reviews found