Disney Stories from World-Renowned Historian Jim Korkis
This first volume in Disney historian Jim Korkis' best-selling Vault of Walt series features nearly 30 little-known insider stories about Walt Disney, the Disney films, and the Disney theme parks, including:
- The perilous four-month stint of famed Warner Bros. animator Chuck Jones at the Disney Studios
- Why two women you've never heard of were among Walt's most important influences
- Walt's admiration for and brief collaboration with legendary artist Salvador Dali
- Walt and Lillian Disney's raucous 30th wedding anniversary celebration in Frontierland
- How Walt's early infatuation with polo led to an injury that plagued him for the rest of his life
- The story of Cinderella's Golden Carrousel and the Disney craftswoman who tended it for decades
- Walt's fondness for chili and cold weenies, with authentic recipes to create his favorite dishes
With a foreword by Walt's daughter Diane Disney Miller, Vault of Walt: Volume 1 is your chance to roam the nooks and crannies of Disney culture in the capable hands of Disney historian, master storyteller, and former Cast Member Jim Korkis. As Diane Disney Miller herself writes, Jim's stories are "...authentic, so true to my dad's spirit, so unprejudiced and non-judgmental, that I ... could see the twinkle in dad's eye, hear his laugh".
Vault of Walt: Volume 1 consists of four parts, each with seven memorable tales about Walt, Disney films, Disney theme parks, and the many other worlds of Disney. In addition, there's a bonus section about Disney's controversial film Song of the South to herald Jim's new book, Who's Afraid of the Song of the South? And Other Forbidden Disney Stories, also from Theme Park Press and now available on Amazon.
no reviews found