Where to buy
Disney History from the Source
The Walt's People series is an oral history of all things Disney, as told by the artists, animators, designers, engineers, and executives who made it happen, from the 1920s through the present.
Walt's People: Volume 22 features appearances by Ferdinand Horvath, Izzy Klein, Eduardo Solá Franco, Campbell Grant, T. Hee, Ken Anderson, Bill Cottrell, Ken Anderson, Herb Ryman, Andrew B. Beard, Treb Heining, Harriet Burns, Valerie Edwards, Gary Goldman, Tad Stones.
Among the hundreds of stories in this volume:
- IZZY KLEIN gives a glimpse into the earliest days of animation, at Disney and elsewhere, through unpublished diary entries he made during the 1920s and 1930s.
- T HEE chats with fellow Disney notables Ollie Johnston and Frank Thomas about his work on Dumbo, Lady and the Tramp, and other Disney projects.
- ANDREW B. BEARD recalls the day in 1955 he was hired at Disneyland to sell newspapers, and later balloons, during the early years of the park.
- HARRIET BURNS reflects on her decades-long career as Disneyland's first female Imagineer, peppered throughout with stories about her many interactions with Walt.
The entertaining, informative stories in every volume of Walt's People will please both Disney scholars and eager fans alike.
- Ferdinand Horvath (1962, Ferdinand Horvath)
- Izzy Klein (Izzy Klein)
- The Letters and Autobiography of Eduardo Solá Franco (1939,2008, Eduardo Solá Franco)
- The Letters of Campbell Grant (1939,1940, Campbell Grant)
- T. Hee (1979-01-12, Frank Thomas, Ollie Johnston)
- Ken Anderson (1985-05-10, Robin Allan)
- Bill Cottrell, Ken Anderson, and Herb Ryman (1983-09-15,1983-09-19, Jay Horan)
- Andrew B. Beard (2014-04, Jim Korkis)
- Treb Heining (2013-11, Jim Korkis)
- Harriet Burns (2004-06-03, Michael Broggie)
- Valerie Edwards (2010-03-29, Didier Ghez)
- Gary Goldman (2017-12, Didier Ghez)
- Tad Stones (2017-08-01, Didier Ghez)
no reviews found